SUMMARY: This position is responsible for managing the purchase, receipt, and distribution of materials to manufacturing. They are also responsible for the management of items inventoried and consigned. This position requires a high degree of management skills, computer knowledge, and a moderate degree of tooling knowledge and experience.
Family-owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas, and other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills, and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Establish and maintain overall direction and supervision of all supply chain activities, which includes procurement, material handling, and staging, shipping and receiving, and logistics.
- Oversee purchasing activities to ensure favorable partnerships, pricing, lead times, and overall performance with current and potential vendors.
- Maintain a system of vendor qualification, establishment, and evaluation that meets Paragon and AS9100 requirements.
- Ensure that material (whether large or small) is being received properly and distributed appropriately with timing and quality to the correct departments.
- Work closely with staff to make sure purchased, and consignment inventory is at optimal levels to prevent shortages without creating excess stock.
- Ensure overall integration of materials management in support of manufacturing activities and requirements (road-mapping, design, tooling, procurement, kitting, and delivery deadlines).
- Provide direction and oversight for outsourcing service activities, including sourcing, pricing, logistics, and purchase order processing.
- Oversee the material certification process.
- Provide direction and oversight for shipping, receiving, and fleet activities, ensuring DOT compliance and routine equipment maintenance.
- Promote logistics program, which provides both consistently high service levels for Paragon material movement while pursuing revenue from backhaul and contract carrier opportunities.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the ongoing compliance requirements of Paragon’s Storm Water Prevention Plan.
- Perform projects and tasks as required and assigned by supervisor.
- Give work performance evaluations and set expectations for direct reports.
- Understands and can perform all the requirements as dictated by this job title for AS9100, ITAR, and NQA-1 processes and procedures.
- Should have knowledge of Industry Software and Microsoft Office.
- This position requires a High School degree or equivalent GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or minimum of 5 to 7 years in the manufacturing industry with specific knowledge of Supply Chain Management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
Communication – Effectively communicates to ensure team cohesiveness while eliminating misunderstandings.
Customer Focused – Highly responsive to internal and external customer’s needs; exceeding their expectations.
Innovation – Proactively identifies new and cost-effective ways of doing things to increase effectiveness and efficiencies.
Problem Solving – Shows insight into the root cause of problems and generates a range of solutions and courses of action with benefits, costs, and risks associated with each.
Leadership – Able to lead and mentor to maximize team morale, effectiveness, and efficiencies.