SUMMARY: The Program Manager is responsible for overseeing the entire lifecycle of a project including staying within budget, meeting quality standards, and on-time delivery.
Family-owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas, and other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on our people’s talent, skills, and expertise and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for coordinating and managing the life cycle of a project, including scheduling, timelines, and cost.
- Receives project-related materials from sales, reviews contracts, and enters information in the ERP system.
- Coordination of project kick-off, design reviews, and close-out meetings.
- The primary point of contact for all customer communications, including customer requests for obtaining information, status, or data.
- Responsible for managing and staying within the project’s budget.
- Maintains and manages project timelines and proactively identifies potential issues.
- Tracks open-action items and follow-through with both customers and manufacturing.
- Responsible for quoting engineering and project revision changes.
- Works closely with Engineering to facilitate planning, manufacturing, and completion of the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
Two-year degree, preferably in Engineering or 8-10 years of experience in a job shop/machining/tool building environment. Experience in the Aerospace/Fixturing industry is a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must. Experience with an ERP system is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Project Management – Develops project plans; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Communication – Creates and maintains open lines of communication between the Customer, Engineering and Manufacturing.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
Initiative – Proactively recognizes potential issues relating to the project to avoid bigger future issues in the manufacturing process.
Self-Driven – Ability to self-manage and independently lead projects with little to no direction.