SUMMARY: Under the direction of the General Manager, this position is required to direct the aerospace assemble/molding/fixturing process and provide direction to ensure we meet the defined key performance indicators. Provides leadership in continuous quality and process improvement, ensuring exceptional internal and external customer focus.
Family-owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas, and other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on our people’s talent, skills, expertise, and ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Ensure daily safety, quality, on-time delivery, and cost outcome at or better than plan.
- Oversee and approve all hiring, retention, training, and accountability for assembly in Model Shop.
- Directly manage, motivate, and advance project leaders, project professionals, and apprentices.
- Define and monitor proper process controls, auditing, continuous improvement as required by customers, quality systems, and key performance indicators.
- Coordinate execution with other functional areas and supervisors to ensure success.
- Be the face of the product providing extraordinary customer service to internal and external customers.
- This position requires moderate computer competence with a very high degree of tooling knowledge and experience.
- 4-year college degree in related and journeyman certification is preferred, and have a minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience in the manufacturing industry.
This position requires the individual to work frequently alongside the rest of the team. The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Communication – Keeps lines of communication open to ensure on-time delivery.
Customer Focused – Understands who their customers are and ensures expectations are exceeded.
Attention to Detail – Takes pride in what they do and makes sure work is done safely and accurately.
Flexibility – Ability to be flexible and the potential of helping in different areas depending on workload demands.
Adaptability – Easily adapts to short-notice route changes to ensure customer satisfaction.