SUMMARY: Prepare engineering files for programming, assembly, or the customer directly. Design various types of tooling and supply manufacturing with the data for tool builds.
Family-owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas, and other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills, and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Manage multiple tool designs ensuring deadlines are met.
- Develop tool designs from conception to completion and develop runoff and parting lines using solid modeling.
- Develop 3D tooling surfaces.
- Compares final data from customers to ensure project definition accuracy.
- Prep for and attend assigned meetings to manage open issues and set dates for milestones.
- Obtain and submit all the information required for customer approvals.
- Create custom components and modifications.
- Identify and approve stock list for purchased components.
- Prepare the needed data for Programming, Assembly, or the Customer.
- Update current data to our data management system (PICs) daily.
- Attend tooling review meetings and interact with the customer.
Four-year degree in Engineering/Design or 5 + years equivalent experience in tool design/tool building, preferably in plastic mold tooling. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. Previous experience with VISI solid model software required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.