HELP DESK SUMMARY: Ensures hardware and network within the facility are up and working.
Paragon D&E is family owned and operated since 1942. Paragon has been awarded the Best and Brightest Company to work for multiple years, partly due to our welcoming culture and industry diversity. Our company works in a variety of industries, including Aerospace, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agriculture, Oil &Gas, and more! With work in that many industries, there is something for everyone here. Employees get to work with state-of-the-art machining and technology in a clean and organized shop.
With ample room for growth and development, Paragon is looking for new talent, skills, and expertise to join our team because we believe these are the keys to success. Not only are we a stable company looking for process-driven people; Paragon is also a very fun rewarding place to work. Sign-on and referral bonuses, free health insurance, encouraging staff, onsite nurse, EAP, employee gatherings, and so much more! Apply today to join our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Installs, diagnoses, repairs and maintains all hardware and networking equipment.
- Provides support to employees involving the operation of a computer and auxiliary equipment such as high-speed printers and peripheral machines.
- Set up data collection, and access cards, and install or give access to appropriate programs.
- Reviews and evaluates information systems operations and provides technical support so the end users can accomplish business tasks
- Follow procedures and processes as assigned in the Process Flow and Quality Manuel
- Perform projects and tasks as required and assigned by the supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- A High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate’s degree or working towards a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate the skills needed to become proficient in the assigned area of responsibility.
- The drive and desire for IT to become a long-term career path.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as other Industry software, is required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
These demands are essential functions of the job that an employee must perform to successfully complete their job. Reasonable accommodations may be made when needed.
Customer Focused – Responds promptly to customer needs and exceeds their expectations.
Commitment – Driven to complete and stay focused on completing tasks.
Self-Driven – Ability to self-manage and efficiently complete workload with little to no direction.
Attention to Detail/Organization – Diligently attends to details and performs tasks with care. Makes few if any errors and checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness. Able to manage time and priorities with little to no direction.
Communication – Thoroughly communicates and checks for understanding while ensuring internal customer needs are met. Continuous learning – Demonstrates eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a customer’s needs effectively. Has the desire and drive to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the job more effectively.