Family owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas, and other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on our people’s talent, skills, and expertise and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
The Human Resources Generalist partners with the Human Resources Manager to carry out day-to-day HR duties and implement various programs, plans, and tasks to support our company culture and growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Guides both employees and supervisors on Paragon policies and procedures.
- Oversees the recruiting and onboarding process, including job postings, interviews, assessments, offer creation, and new hire orientation.
- Assists with Paragon’s community outreach programs by building and maintaining key relationships with local trade school programs and instructors, volunteer organizations, and other area partners.
- Works with accounting to process bi-weekly payroll.
- Responsible for benefits and wellness program administration, including enrollments, activities, changes, and reports.
- Organizes and maintains HR records, reports, procedures, and metrics.
- Responsible for HR-related communication, ensuring employee understanding and compliance with both federal and state labor laws.
- Assists in the development and coordination of employee events.
- Administers training programs, including tracking the progression of participants and assisting with program development.
At least 3 years experience in an HR Generalist role required, specific experience in recruitment highly preferred. An HR-related 4-year degree required with an SHRM certification is highly preferred. Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is also preferred, with a high level of knowledge in current state and federal employment regulations required. Must be able to demonstrate critical thinking capability and offer specific examples of creating solutions for complex problems within the HR discipline.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Adaptability – Can adapt and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer/employee needs; Respond to requests for service and assistance.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; upholds organizational values.
Initiative – Seeks increased responsibilities and proactively finds continuous improvement opportunities.