Ensures hardware and network within the facility are up and working.
Family-owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas, and other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on our people’s talent, skills, expertise, and ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Installs, diagnoses, repairs, and maintains all hardware and networking equipment.
- Provides support to employees involving the operation of a computer and auxiliary equipment such as high-speed printers and peripheral machines.
- Set up data collection, access cards, install or gives access to appropriate programs.
- Reviews and evaluates information systems operations and provides technical support so the end-users can accomplish business tasks.
- Follow procedures and processes as assigned in the Process Flow and Quality Man.
- A High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates degree or working towards a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate the skills needed to become proficient in the assigned area of responsibility.
- The drive and desire for IT to become a long-term career path.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as other Industry software, is required.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Customer Focused – Responds promptly to customer needs and exceeds their expectations.
Commitment – Driven to complete and stay focused toward completing tasks.
Self-Driven – Ability to self-manage and efficiently complete workload with little to no direction.
Attention to Detail/Organization – Diligently attends to details and performs tasks with care. Makes few if any errors and checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness. Able to manage time and priorities with little to no direction.
Communication – Thoroughly communicates and checks for understanding while ensures internal customer needs are met.
Continuous learning – Demonstrates eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a customer’s needs effectively. Has desire and drive to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to perform the job more effectively