SUMMARY: This is an entry-level training position that is temporarily held until competency is demonstrated in the desired area.
Paragon D&E is family owned and operated since 1942. Paragon has been awarded the Best and Brightest Company to work for multiple years, partly due to our welcoming culture and industry diversity. Our company works in various industries, including Aerospace, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agriculture, Oil &Gas, and more! With work in that many industries, there is something for everyone here. Employees get to work with state-of-the-art machining and technology in a clean and organized shop.
With ample room for growth and development, Paragon is looking for new talent, skills, and expertise to join our team because we believe these are the keys to success. Not only are we a stable company looking for process-driven people; Paragon is also a very fun rewarding place to work. Sign-on and referral bonuses, free health insurance, encouraging staff, onsite nurse, EAP, employee gatherings, and so much more! Apply today to join our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, other duties may be assigned)
All Apprentices start in the Material Handler role familiarizing themselves with all areas of the shop. Responsibilities include:
- Operate an overhead crane and forklift truck with a trailer to move raw blocks and tooling for job preparations and job transitions for CNC machines.
- Utilize the schedule board to assist in job transitions and task prioritization.
- Ensure that the material in the shop is identified and clearly labeled.
- Check incoming material, verify shippers, and prepare finished jobs for shipping.
- Assist with finishing processes, including cleaning and deburring material, maintenance, and clean-up for each job.
As an Apprentice, your responsibilities include:
- Learn and demonstrate the skills needed to become proficient in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the completion of the Apprentice Training Plan.
- Required to attend monthly Apprentice meetings to provide feedback on how training is progressing.
As a Machinist, your responsibilities include:
- Set up, adjust and check out programming and operate numerically controlled machine tools to perform a series of progressive machining operations on repetitive work to close and exact tolerances and finish specifications requiring considerable skill.
- Review machine schedule board for machining needed daily.
- Works from programming instructions, operational data, and machine setup instructions
- Manage scheduled hours, estimate hours accurately, and communicate to supervisor estimated over/under hours.
- Manage machine program files.
- Verify tooling and setup of the job on the machine.
- Communicate with programming or the lead Machinist on any concerns with the programs.
- Responsible for maintenance of machine and cleanliness of area daily.
A High School diploma or equivalent is required. Must have been trained and worked in Paragon’s Material Handler role for at least 3 months and/or equivalent experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Flexible – A willingness to remain open to non-apprentice work opportunities in other areas of the shop depending on workload.
Reliable – Shows up to work on time ready to contribute and learn.
Communication – Ability to communicate an understanding of the training material and ask questions when unclear.
Teachable – Open to all learning opportunities under the direct supervision of the Mentor.
Self-Driven – Responsible for progression through the program within the timelines provided.