SUMMARY: This is an entry-level training position that is temporarily held until competency is demonstrated in the desired area.
rated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas, and other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills, and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, other duties may be assigned.)
All Apprentices start in the Material Handler role familiarizing themselves with all areas of the shop. Responsibilities include:
- Operate an overhead crane and forklift truck with a trailer to move raw blocks and tooling for job preparations and job transitions for CNC machines.
- Utilize schedule board to assist in job transitions and task prioritization.
- Ensure that material in the shop is identified and clearly labeled.
- Check incoming material, verify shippers, and prepare finished jobs for shipping.
- Assist with finishing processes, including cleaning and deburring material, maintenance, and clean-up for each job.
As an Apprentice, your responsibilities include:
- Learn and demonstrate the skills needed to become proficient in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the completion of the Apprentice Training Plan.
- Required to attend monthly Apprentice meetings to provide feedback on how training is progressing.
As a Machinist, your responsibilities include:
- Setup, adjust and check out programming and operate numerically controlled machine tools to perform a series of progressive machining operations on repetitive work to close and exact tolerances and finish specifications requiring considerable skill.
- Review machine schedule board for machining needed daily.
- Works from programming instructions, operational data, and machine setup instructions
- Manage scheduled hours, estimating hours accurately, and communicate to supervisor estimated over/under hours.
- Manage machine program files.
- Verify tooling and setup of job on the machine.
- Communicate with programming or the lead Machinist on any concerns with the programs.
- Responsible for maintenance of machine and cleanliness of area daily.
A High School diploma or equivalent is required. Must have been trained and worked in Paragon’s Material Handler role for at least 3 months and/or equivalent experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Flexible – A willingness to remain open to non-apprentice work opportunities in other areas of the shop depending on workload.
Reliable – Shows up to work on time ready to contribute and learn.
Communication – Ability to communicate an understanding of the training material and ask questions when unclear.
Teachable – Open to all learning opportunities under the direct supervision of the Mentor.
Self-Driven – Responsible for progression through the program within the timelines provided.