SUMMARY: Identifies, contracts, and performs the task needed to maintain the facility and equipment. Produces replacement parts and new parts necessary to maintain and repair a variety of machinery and mechanical equipment. May involve routine rough carpentry, replacing simple machine parts, switches, painting, piping, etc.
Family-owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas, and other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on our people’s talent, skills, expertise, and ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Provide daily/weekly predictive and preventative maintenance to plant and equipment while maintaining electronic logs – check oil, grease, coolant levels, etc.
- Order materials and supplies as needed: filters, Mobil oils, etc.
- Complete chemical check on Johnston boiler and the HPM water system.
- Coordinate the disposal of hazardous waste.
- Perform simple carpentry, electrical, machine repair, welding, painting, under direct supervision, to assist tradesmen and/or engineers in maintaining plant structures and equipment.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance and machine breakdowns with scheduling to manage downtime.
- 3+ years experience with electrical and mechanical capabilities, preferably in the manufacturing environment. Experience operating overhead cranes, platform lifts, and fork trucks is preferred.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Communication – internal customers, including machinist and supply chain, leave detailed notes and messages on events during the off-shift.
Self-Directed – Follow planned processes and procedures driven from the maintenance schedule
Trouble Shooting – capable of resolving basic mechanical and electric problems while utilizing standard schematics.
Attention to Detail – Effectively coordinates ideas and resources to achieve goals while diligently attending to details and achieving quality tasks.
Safety Conscious – Adheres to safe work practices always while evaluating each work situation to eliminate the likelihood of an accident or unsafe condition.