Night Shift – Machine Operator: The position is required to operate a designated CNC machine with a high degree of accuracy and speed.
Paragon D&E is family owned and operated since 1942. Paragon has been awarded the Best and Brightest Company to work for multiple years, partly due to our welcoming culture and industry diversity. Our company works in various industries, including Aerospace, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agriculture, Oil &Gas, and more! With work in that many industries, there is something for everyone here. Employees get to work with state-of-the-art machining and technology in a clean and organized shop.
With ample room for growth and development, Paragon is looking for new talent, skills, and expertise to join our team because we believe these are the keys to success. Not only are we a stable company looking for process-driven people; Paragon is also a very fun rewarding place to work. Sign-on and referral bonuses, free health insurance, encouraging staff, onsite nurse, EAP, employee gatherings, and so much more! Apply today to join our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (and all other duties as assigned)
- Set up, adjust, and check out programming and operate numerically controlled machine tools to perform a series of progressive machining operations on repetitive work to close and exact tolerances and finish specifications requiring considerable skill
- Review machine schedule board for machining needed daily
- Works from programming instructions, operational data, machine setup instructions defining and coding tool arrangements, material clamping methods, machine calibrations, console settings for operations, and occasional profiling and contouring
- Manage scheduled hours, estimate hours accurately, and communicate to supervisor –Estimated over/under hours
- Manage machine program files
- Verify programming and that the material/component matches the data/program
- Maintaining traceability of job data, files, materials, and components
- Verify tooling and setup of job on the machines
- Communicate with Programming or the Lead Machinist any program concerns
- Communicate non-conforming products to the Supervisor
- Responsible for maintenance of machines and cleanliness of the daily area
This position requires a High School degree or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years of experience in machining.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Communication – Keeps lines of communication open to ensure safe, quality work with on-time delivery.
Innovation – Proactively identifies new and cost-effective ways of doing things to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Trouble Shooting – Shows insight into the root cause of problems with non-typical set-ups and identifies solutions.
Customer Service – Highly responsive to internal customers’ needs; exceeding their expectations.
Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to detail and checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness.