Night Shift Material Handler Summary: Manufacturing Technicians assist with production throughout the facility by moving material, setting up and tearing down jobs, and completing production tasks to help ensure efficiency within the company while gaining knowledge of processes in advanced manufacturing.
Paragon D&E is family owned and operated since 1942. Paragon has been awarded the Best and Brightest Company to work for multiple years, partly due to our welcoming culture and industry diversity. Our company works in various industries, including Aerospace, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agriculture, Oil &Gas, and more! With work in that many industries, there is something for everyone here. Employees get to work with state-of-the-art machining and technology in a clean and organized shop.
With ample room for growth and development, Paragon is looking for new talent, skills, and expertise to join our team because we believe these are the keys to success. Not only are we a stable company looking for process-driven people; Paragon is also a very fun rewarding place to work. Sign-on and referral bonuses, free health insurance, encouraging staff, onsite nurse, EAP, employee gatherings, and so much more! Apply today to join our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Operate an overhead crane and lift truck with a trailer to move raw blocks and tooling throughout the facility
- Assist with production activities as needed under the direction of Supervisors, Machinists, and Project Professionals
- Under the direction of the machinist, align, mount, and secure material to the machine table for use and safely remove material once machining is complete
- Perform basic assembly tasks including assembly of lines and setting up of spotting press as directed by the project team
- Clean and prep jobs using the wash bay
- Aid in all customer tryouts
- Complete various production tasks in the barrel assembly process
- Work with the tool and vertical crib teams to ensure timely delivery of supplies
- Assist in shipping and receiving as needed
- Use verbal communication to work with other departments on production requirements
- Utilize schedule board, experience, and other resources to identify and prioritize tasks
- Support general housekeeping, preventative maintenance, and shop organization
- Complete checklists and other required documentation
- Participate in 5S activities and take corrective action as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Valid driver’s license and the ability to be certified to operate a lift truck and crane are required. Experience operating a crane and lift truck (with trailer) preferred. Experience in a manufacturing environment and a high degree of mechanical aptitude is ideal.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds individually or 80 pounds in a team lift situation.
These demands are essential functions of the job that an employee must perform to successfully complete their job. Reasonable accommodations may be made when needed.
Flexible – A willingness to assist in all areas of the shop as work opportunities present themselves
Communication – The ability to collaborate effectively to ensure quality teamwork and customer satisfaction
Customer Oriented – Present the best side of Paragon to customers onsite with effective attitudes and actions while forming customer relationships
Reliable – Shows up to work on time, ready to contribute and learn
Situational Awareness – Be aware of and understand what is happening at all times for the safety and protection of yourself and others by managing hazards or risks
Teamwork – Have the drive to help out and ask for help whenever a situation occurs