NIGHTS SUMMARY: The position is required to operate a designated CNC machine with a high degree of accuracy and speed.
Family-owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas, and other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills, and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (and all other duties as assigned)
- Set up, adjust and check out programming and operate numerically controlled machine tools to perform a series of progressive machining operations on repetitive work to close and exact tolerances and finish specifications requiring considerable skill.
- Review machine schedule board for machining needed daily.
- Works from programming instructions, operational data and machine setup instructions defining and coding tool arrangements, material clamping methods, machine calibrations and console settings for operations, and occasional profiling and contouring.
- Manage scheduled hours, estimate hours accurately, and communicate to supervisor estimated over/under hours.
- Manage machine program files.
- Verify programming and that the material/component matches the data/program.
- Maintaining traceability of job data, files, materials, and components.
- Verify tooling and setup of job on the machine.
- Communicate with programming or the lead Machinist on any concerns with the programs.
- Communicate non-conforming products to the Supervisor.
- Responsible for maintenance of machine and cleanliness of area daily.
This position requires a High School degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of experience in machining.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Communication – Keeps lines of communication open to ensure safe, quality work with on-time delivery.
Innovation – Proactively identifies new and cost-effective ways of doing things to increase effectiveness and efficiencies.
Trouble Shooting – Shows insight into the root cause of problems with non-typical set-ups and identifies solutions.
Customer Service – Highly responsive to internal customers’ needs; exceeding their expectations.
Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to detail and checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness.