SUMMARY: Identifies, contracts and performs the task needed to maintain the facility and equipment. Produces replacement parts and new parts necessary to maintain and repair a variety of machinery and mechanical equipment. May involve routine rough carpentry, replacement of simple machine parts, switches, painting, piping, etc.
Family-owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas, and other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills, and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Wiring tools including installation of hot runners, limit switches, and sensors
- Sources electrical components for machines.
- Performs the electrical testing on tooling before it’s shipped.
- Provides input on electrical needs and capacity.
- Contracts electrical services on both the facility and machines.
- Troubleshoots and repairs machinery using electrical schematics.
- Uses multi-meters and load-meters to determine if the machine is faulty.
- Assists with equipment assembly, mechanical, and hydraulics
- Assists Engineers by providing input on electrical components and design on tooling.
- Supports maintenance, repair, and new tooling with overall electrical needs.
- Helps make recommendations to keep Paragon in compliance with electrical codes.
5+ years experience with electrical and mechanical capabilities, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Experience operating overhead cranes, platform lifts, and fork trucks is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Communication –Internal customers, including the machinist and supply chain, leave detailed notes and messages on events during the off-shift.
Self-Directed –Follow planned processes and procedures driven from the maintenance schedule.
Trouble Shooting –Capable of resolving basic mechanical and electric problems while utilizing standard schematics.
Detail Oriented/Organized –Diligently attends to details while being highly organized to effectively coordinate maintenance requests.
Safety Conscious –Adheres to safe work practices always while evaluating each work situation to eliminate the likelihood of an accident or unsafe condition.