SUMMARY: Paragon D&E is looking for a self-starting, improvement-driven Process Engineer who wants to work on a fast-paced production floor to aid operators in improving the quality of their outputs as well as the efficiency of their processes. The Process Engineer will apply scientific principles to determine the best processing conditions for our current and future production needs. The position will support day-to-day manufacturing operations, support the Director of Manufacturing’s efforts to standardize processing philosophies, train operators, and evaluate new technologies for viability. This position will occasionally communicate with customers about technical issues.
Family-owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas, and other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business. We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills, and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Develop, configure, and optimize processes from inception through production start-up and customer certification.
- Assess processes, take measurements, and interpret data.
- Design, run, test, and upgrade systems and processes.
- Develop best practices, routines, and innovative solutions to improve the quality of outputs and production rates.
- Design and implement training programs for operators.
- Document all results and store for easy access.
- BS in Engineering, Statistics or Mathematics or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of proven experience in process engineering.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Enjoy both team and self-directed work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Project Management – The ability to effectively manage several projects at one time.
Communication and Follow-Through – Proactively communicate with both internal and external customers with the proper follow-up to exceed customer expectations.
Teamwork – Excels in a team environment and fits into our family-oriented culture.
Self-Managed – Effectively work and make decisions with little direction.
Innovative – Be an interactive and innovative part of the Engineering team.
Leadership – Able to lead and mentor to maximize team morale, effectiveness, and efficiencies.