SUMMARY: This position provides the skills and insights necessary to adapt processes to meet complex customer needs. Work in concert with their machining team, leading improvements in the means and methods of work to complete the job inside of time and cost constraints.
Family-owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas, and other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment. Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills, and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Gives input on programming templates and test macros, able to utilize advanced tooling to create automation with a high standard of quality and safety on existing products.
- Proactively works with scheduling to improve workflow to increase efficiencies and reduce set-up times.
- Looks at existing processes and identifies, tests and proves-out potential improvements, standardizes and implements changes.
- Evaluates the project and proactively identifies and communicates a successful roadmap.
- Provides hands-on assistance with operation of machines where needed.
- Effectively collaborates with the team (Machinists, Scheduling, etc.) to achieve safety quality and efficiency goals.
- Sees the value of metrics (spindle time, hours, machine health, etc.) and promotes collaboration with their team to achieve goals.
- Implements positive changes in their area to promote efficiencies.
- Provide training and mentorship to Machinists and Programmers within the department.
- Creates processes to avoid potential safety hazards and quality issues to equipment and people.
- Participates in company initiatives including continuous improvement events, LEAN, SQDIP, STOP Safety, and 5S.
3+ years of Machining experience and a demonstrated aptitude for programming required. A full understanding of Powermill software is strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Communication – Keeps lines of communication open to ensure collaboration and on-time delivery.
Customer Focused – Understands who their customers are and ensures expectations are exceeded.
Mentorship – Effectively demonstrates, trains, and teaches best practices.
Leadership – Leads to ensure team safety, cohesiveness, collaboration, and productivity.
Innovation – Proactively identifies new and cost-effective ways of doing things to increase efficiencies.