SUMMARY: Drives a straight truck and/or a tractor with one or more trailers (4 axle trailer or 6 axle trailer) on public roadways to transport materials, molds, or equipment between states or within a local city or state.
Family-owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas, and other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on our people’s talent, skills, expertise, and ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for loading and unloading by the method of crane or Hilo.
- Ensures loads are secure using DOT-approved devices and methods.
- Defines the most feasible route.
- Responsible for reporting needed vehicle maintenance.
- Tracks and maintains all required records, such as driving logs.
- Turns in all shipping and receiving slips to the appropriate person.
- Responsible for driving local routes, occasional overnight stays may be required.
- 4-6 years over-the-road experience flatbed experience preferred
- Requires a valid Class A Commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations exam
- Department of Transportation (DOT) physical
- Class A with an air brakes license is required
- Experience loading, unloading, and driving heavy loads preferred
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Communication – Keeps lines of communication open to ensure on-time delivery.
Customer Focused – Understands who their customers are and ensures expectations are exceeded.
Attention to Detail – Takes pride in what they do and makes sure work is done safely and accurately.
Flexibility – Ability to be flexible and the potential of helping in different areas depending on workload demands.
Adaptability – Easily adapts to short-notice route changes to ensure customer satisfaction.