WEEKENDS SUMMARY: The position is required to operate designated machinery as directed by machining programs and area leaders while maintaining quality and efficiency standards.
Paragon D&E is family owned and operated since 1942. Paragon has been awarded the Best and Brightest Company to work for multiple years, partly due to our welcoming culture and industry diversity. Our company works in various industries, including Aerospace, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agriculture, Oil &Gas, and more! With work in that many industries, there is something for everyone here. Employees get to work with state-of-the-art machining and technology in a clean and organized shop.
With ample room for growth and development, Paragon is looking for new talent, skills, and expertise to join our team because we believe these are the keys to success. Not only are we a stable company looking for process-driven people; Paragon is also a very fun rewarding place to work. Sign-on and referral bonuses, free health insurance, encouraging staff, onsite nurse, EAP, employee gatherings, and so much more! Apply today to join our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (and all other duties as assigned)
- Set up, adjust and check out programming and operate numerically controlled machine tools to perform a series of progressive machining operations on repetitive work to close and exact tolerances and finish specifications requiring considerable skill.
- Review machine schedule board for machining needed daily.
- Works from manufacturing plans, programming instructions, operational data, and machine setup instructions to operate machines as required
- Monitors actual vs. anticipated hours on jobs and communicates discrepancies to the Machine Team Lead.
- Verify programming and that the material/component matches the data/program.
- Maintaining traceability of job data, files, materials, and components.
- Verify tooling and setup of the job on the machine.
- Communicates with programming or the Machine Team Lead on any concerns with the programs.
- Communicate non-conforming products to the Supervisor.
- Participates in company initiatives including continuous improvement events, LEAN, SQDIP, STOP Safety, and 5S.
- Responsible for maintenance of machine and cleanliness of area daily.
2+ years’ transferrable machining experience or a completed an applicable machining apprenticeship
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
These demands are essential functions of the job that an employee must perform to successfully complete their job. Reasonable accommodations may be made when needed.
Communication – Keeps lines of communication open to ensure safe, quality work with on-time delivery
Innovation – Proactively identifies new and cost-effective ways of doing things to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Trouble Shooting – Shows insight into the root cause of problems with non-typical set-ups and identifies solutions.
Customer Service – Highly responsive to internal customers’ needs; exceeding their expectations.
Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to detail and checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness.