WEEKENDS SUMMARY: Material Handlers/Set-Up Techs operate overhead cranes, lift trucks, and other material moving equipment to deliver, set up, and remove materials in the production areas. This position helps ensure that our machine-up time and throughput requirements are met through proactive and efficient work driven by company tools and guidelines.
Family-owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas, and other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills, and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Operate an overhead crane and lift truck with a trailer to move raw blocks and tooling throughout the facility.
- Use verbal communication to work with other departments on production requirements.
- Utilize schedule board, experience, and other resources to identify and prioritize tasks.
- Identify required material and plan the safe transition from the staging area to the machining center.
- Prep material, machine, and equipment as needed for the required machining process.
- Align, mount, and secure material to the machine table for use and safely remove material once machining is complete.
- Clean, deburr, and inspect material, equipment, and machining area after job completion.
- Ensure that material and equipment are identified and clearly labeled for use utilizing appropriate staging zones and processes.
- Check incoming material, verify shippers, and prepare finished jobs for shipping.
- Assist shipping and receiving on an as-need basis including potential over-the-road deliveries.
- Support general housekeeping and shop organization.
- Complete checklists and other required documentation
- Participate in 5S activities and take corrective action as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Valid driver’s license and the ability to be certified to operate lift truck and crane required. Experience operating a crane and lift truck (with trailer) preferred. Experience in a manufacturing environment and a high degree of mechanical aptitude is ideal.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Flexible – A willingness to remain open to work opportunities in other areas of the shop depending on workload.
Communication – Keeps lines of communication open to ensure no misunderstandings and on-time delivery.
Customer Oriented – Understands who their internal customers are and ensures their expectations are exceeded.
Reliable – Shows up to work on time, ready to contribute and learn.
Safety Conscious – Adheres to safe work practices always while evaluating each work situation to eliminate the likelihood of an accident or unsafe condition.
Situational Awareness – Understands the need to know what is going on around you to properly identify all the hazards and potential outcomes associated with the task at hand.
Teamwork – Extremely responsive to help teammates who need or ask for their support or assistance.